We are half way there!! Thanks so much to all who have pledged thus far. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support!
We are three weeks away from the goal deadline and have been raised 50%. The final touches are being put onto the collection and we are excited about showing at Caribbean Fashion Week which is less than 2 months away!!
We have 25 days to raise the remaining 50%. Thanks again to those who have shown support! And if you haven’t already, please pass along this project on to anyone you know that may be interested in checking it out. Spreading the word is so important in building funding. It’s that thin line between successful and unsuccessful funding. And again, no amount is too small!
Syiim’s Kickstarter Campaign at http://kck.st/HNu6OS.
Posted in Syiim News | Leave a Comment »
We ♥ giveways! And even more we love giveaways with jewelry. To celebrate our newly launched blog ‘Syiim BYOB’, Syiim swimwear is teaming up with Verse Jewelry and giving one lucky reader a Syiim multi-use sarong and the Luck turquoise clover necklace from Verse jewelry (winner can choose between silver or gold chain, and pink/white or pink/yellow sarong).
Our friends at Verse Jewelry offer a collection of handcrafted jewelry with an array of luminous gemstones, polished charms and vintage finds.”The inspired designs of Verse Jewelry honor the many facets of each woman’s personality. It is the individual’s interpretation of style that makes each piece truly unique. Designer Kara Firstenberger loves the many reasons we all wear jewelry… whether it be tradition, sentimentality or simply because it makes a t-shirt and jeans feel undeniably glamorous!”
All you have to do is hit “Like” and become fans of both Syiim Swimwear and Verse Jewelry Facebook pages and then leave us a comment here at BYOB, telling us where you plan to wear your new sarong and necklace. Winner will be picked randomly and announced on April 23rd.
In addition, just for reading our blog, Verse Jewelry is giving a 15% discount throughout the month of April. Visit the Verse Jewelry online store and enter code SYIIM15 at checkout. Good luck! ♥
— – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – ————- – – — – – – – — – – – – – – – —
- Facebook is not affiliated with nor endorses this giveaway in any way or form
- Must be 18 years and older to enter
Posted in BYOB Giveaways, Syiim News | 37 Comments »
Everyone wants their favorite bikini to last longer. Here are 5 easy steps to follow to maintain your beloved purchase. Whether you spend 50 or 500 dollars on a swimsuit, taking care of your swimwear the right way is completely fundamental to its longevity. Disregard the washing and care instructions found on the inside tags almost always leads to the wearer’s disappointment and/or dissatisfaction. Follow these steps and you’ll be able to enjoy your beautiful swimwear for many years to come.
- Start with a good quality swimsuit like Syiim and know that Chlorine & chemicals can ruin your swimwear. Chlorine and chemicals found in pools and hot tubs are extremely harmful to swimsuits. Excessive amount of chlorine can break down the spandex of the swimwear, and can accelerate fading of the fabric. So alternate swimsuits. Try and give your swimsuit 24 hours to dry before reusing. You can also purchase swimwear with a higher spandex content or that are Chlorine resistant.
- Never wash your swimsuit in a washing machine. Plain water doesn’t remove chlorine or salt so use a mild soap to wash swimsuit after every use. Although your washing machine may be set to cycle gently, it could still be way too rough. Washing machines can ruin the shape, fabric, embellishments and padding, as well as any delicate embellishments, stones, or beading. Therefore wash your swimwear by hand in cold water; warm water is acceptable too. Do not wring or twist to dry.
- Never dry your swimsuit in direct sunlight or in a dryer. Similar to electric washing machines, electric dryers can be too rough for the fragile material of swimwear. In a shaded and well ventilated area, lay your swimsuit flat out to dry. By laying it flat, you will diminish the appearance of wrinkles and creases.
- Steer clear of rough surfaces. Be careful where you sit, lean or lay. Pool sides are rough so you don’t slip. It may not feel rough to the touch but it will run and pick the bottom of your suit or the front if your leaning over the edge. Take the extra second to sit or lay on a towel. Your bathing suit will last longer and you’ll be happier.
- Avoid getting excess lotions and oils on your swimwear. Sunscreen, tanning oils, and cosmetics can be harmful to swimsuits. The combination of sun and chemicals from the water makes your suit wear out quicker, so use a towel to remove excess lotions and oils.
An extra fun tip: If swimming comes sunbathing, when possible do not sit for long in a wet swimsuit. Change into a dry swimsuit when possible.
Posted in Bikini Fashion & Tips | Tagged bikini, care, fashion, washing instructions | Leave a Comment »
It’s Happy Hour, here and well somewhere… Try whipping up this little cocktail, close your eyes and sail away to Paradise…well if you aren’t already there!
1 ½ oz. Appleton Estate Rum
- 3 oz. POG Juice
- ½ oz. curaçao
- ½ oz. Goombay Punch
- Few dashes Angostura Bitters
- Rhum Barbancourt float
- Lime wedge or orange slice, for garnish
- Combine the Appleton Estate rum, POG juice, curaçao, and bitters in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Top with the Goombay punch, a splash of Rhum Barbancourt, and a spritz of lime.
- Garnish. Serve. Sip!
Makes 1 cocktail.
Posted in Cocktails & Yummies | Tagged Appletom Rum, cocktails, drinks | Leave a Comment »
You can now own a little piece of paradise! The Pink Pearl Island, which is actually a cay, is a 2 acre private tropical island. One of the seven pearl cays on the coast of Nicaragua. With a Caribbean and Spanish mixed culture, turquoise waters and white sandy beaches this is most definitely a hidden paradise.
Pink Pearl Island is situated approximately 3 miles off of mainland Nicaragua’s Caribbean Coast,and is currently operating as a turnkey tourism business, or personal retreat. The island can be reached by boat from Bluefields or Corn Island airports within 2 hours, and is approximately 35 minutes from the nearest town. You can also charter helicopters but boat is usually preferred. With this purchase you would actually be buying the island, resort included.
The two-storey circular main house, situated in the middle of the island is equipped with a kitchen, shower rooms and a washing machine. There is a wrap around balcony upstairs that has a 360-degree view of the island. Accommodations include three round-thatched cabanas, each with two double beds, ocean views and private bathroom inside. There is also a ‘Fisherman style’ shack, with shower room which contains 4 bunk beds and sleeps up to 8 people.
Bar/restaurant, called ‘Coconut Ice’ , which I’d rename if I were to purchase, includes a small kitchen area with freezer, bamboo tables and chairs. There is a workers’ cabin which has kitchen and bedroom space, a generator hut with a 5500w generator, a heart-shaped swimming pool with fresh water pump and night-light, cable TV and telephone service, and a pier placed at the front of the island to dock boats. And if that wasn’t enough, included in the sale is the 25 feet – 150 horse power Yamaha engine “Black Pearl” (I’d keep the name), speedboat for fast and convenient transport. Topping it off, there are NO mosquitoes or sand-flies on this island.
All this goes for $500,000 US dollars. That will get you a 700sq ft studio in Manhattan. When you look at it that way, this is a steal to be able to own paradise! Paradise and a Syiim bikini… could it get any more perfect ? 😉
photos from http://www.pinkpearlisland.com/ For more photos visit http://www.privateislandsonline.com/pink-pearl-island-1.htm
Posted in BYOB Escapades | Tagged cabana, for sale, private island, vacation | 1 Comment »
Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to get your closet ‘bikini ready’. Below are the colors we expect to see decorating the beaches and pool bars this summer. This is our nutshell summary of the top 2012 color trends seen at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim last July.
The color palette for 2012 swimwear will be bright, fun and chic. Last years burnt-orange shade that was a designer favorite has been softened and brightened and is now a gorgeous summer tangerine. Coral and a citrus-like lime are also popular this season. Then in contrast to those softer shades there is fuchsia. A strong, vibrant hue, used either as a solid or a trim. Blues lean towards extremes: either seen as a rich more striking shade such as royal and cobalt, or very light and more subtle, swimming pool blue. The combination of two of these colors as complements in the same bikini is a popular trend.
Black and white combinations, either as a pattern, print or trimming graced the runways. White, by itself, is big, especially in one pieces. As always, black solid pieces are in every season!
Colors we say on the Miami runway:
- All White
- Black& White combo
Posted in Bikini Fashion & Tips | Tagged 2012 swimwear colors, bikini, color, swimwear, trends | Leave a Comment »
With your help we can make what seems impossible possible. Thanks so much to all who have pledged thus far. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support!
We are about four weeks away from the goal deadline and have been able to raise 40% so far. We are gearing up and putting the final touches on the collection and getting ready for our runway show at Caribbean Fashion Week which is less than 2 months away.There is still so much to do, but I love how this project has motivated me even more to move full force onto the next level of my business, and your support will help Syiim get there.
Thanks again! And if you haven’t already, could you please pass this project on to anyone you know that may be interested in checking it out. Spreading the word is so important in building funding. It’s that thin line between successful and unsuccesful funding. And again, no amount is too small!
Syiim’s Kickstarter Campaign at http://kck.st/HNu6OS.
Posted in Syiim News | Tagged campaign, donate, fundraiser, Kickstarter, swimwear, Syiim | Leave a Comment »